Sheep Hill Observatory (SHAA) At A Glance...
About Sheep Hill Observatory (SHAA)
The Sheep Hill Observatory, featuring an 18 inch, f/4.5 Newtonian Reflecting Telescope, is maintained by the organization. The telescope sits on the 2nd floor of the observatory underneath a 16-foot steel dome. The telescope is mounted on an equatorial fork mount with a sidereal-rate tracking motor. It is a beautiful instrument and is one of the largest telescopes open to the public in New Jersey.
Description and Photo borrowed from sheephillastro.org
- Star Gazing / Astronomy
Special / Seasonal Events
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
Groups Associated to Sheep Hill Observatory (SHAA)
- Sheep Hill Observatory (SHAA) (~0 miles)
- Grace Lord Park (~1 miles)
- Hamilton Farms Greenhouses and Farm Market (~2 miles)
- Tripod Rock / Pyramid Mountain Natural Historic Area (~3 miles)
- Fairfield Farms (~5 miles)
- Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms (~6 miles)
- Parks Lake (~6 miles)
- Pelican Sport Center (Morris Plains) (~6 miles)
- Kinnelon Museum (~6 miles)
- Giggles Play Station (~7 miles)
- Whippany Railway Museum (~7 miles)
- Morris Plains Community Park And Community Center (~7 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web