South Mountain Reservation At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 5:37 am, Sunset: 8:10 pm
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Dog Park / Dog Area
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic tables
- Shooting / Archery range
- County Parks
- Dog Park
- Park (General)
- New Jersey Gateway Region Essex County
About South Mountain Reservation
It offers 50 miles of trails and inspiring scenery: vistas of New York City, a dramatic 25-foot waterfall at Hemlock Falls, the cascade of Maple Brook in the deep woods, and millponds, streams, and picnic areas and open fields in the interior valley.
After more than 100 years, it remains a green island in the midst of a sea of urbanization.
Things to See & Do
- Olmsted designed landscape
- Scenic Overlook
- Dog Park
- Washington Rock Lookout Historic Site
- Picnic areas
- Hiking trails
- Carriage roads for jogging, horseback riding, & cross-country skiing.
- Girl Scout camp
- Archery range
- Wildlife refuge
- Wildflower Sculpture Park
- South Mountain Recreation Complex
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
Groups Associated to South Mountain Reservation
More To Explore in South Mountain Reservation
Here are 10 places near South Mountain Reservation
- South Mountain Reservation (~0 miles)
- Hemlock Falls (~0 miles)
- Greenwood Gardens (~1 miles)
- Durrand-Hedden House & Garden (~1 miles)
- Turtle Back Zoo (~2 miles)
- Cora Hartshorn Arboretum and Bird Sanctuary (~2 miles)
- Reeves-Reed Arboretum (~3 miles)
- Edison National Historic Site, Glenmont Estate (~4 miles)
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park (~4 miles)
- Riker Hill (~5 miles)
- Soldiers Memorial Field (~5 miles)
- Becker Park (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web