Mercer County's Tulpehaking Nature Center is the main educational facility for the Abbott Marshlands, located at 157 Westcott Avenue, Hamilton Township, New Jersey.Tulpehaking offers programs and exhibits to encourage visitors to explore and discover the many cultural, historic, and natural resources of the Abbott Marshlands.
- Primary Address:
- Nature / Environmental Center
Parks & Gardens:
- Wildlife Management Areas
A Brief History
The Tulpehaking Nature Center building was acquired in 2005 with NJ DEP Green Acres Development Grants to D&R Greenway Land Trust that were matched by Mercer County. It is owned by Mercer County and operated by the Mercer County Park Commission.
Because the ranch style home and property are located within the Abbott Farm National Historic Landmark, extensive archaeological surveys were required before renovations could begin. The Tulpehaking Nature Center opened to the public in October 2014.
Hours / Season of Operation
The nature center's hours are Sunday 12-4pm, Monday 10am-4pm, and other days by appointment for programs. (Call 609-303-0704).
Kelly Rypkema is the nature center manager. She may be reached at 609-303-0704 or at email@example.com.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Tulpehaking Nature Center (~0 miles)
- John A. Roebling Park (~0 miles)
- Abbott Marsh (~1 miles)
- Arm & Hammer Park (Trenton Thunder) (~2 miles)
- Sunnybrae Park (~3 miles)
- The Old Barracks Museum (~3 miles)
- Grounds For Sculpture (~3 miles)
- Hamilton Veterans Park (~3 miles)
- Planetarium at the New Jersey State Museum (~3 miles)
- New Jersey State Museum (~3 miles)
- Joseph Lawrence Park (~4 miles)
- Hamilton Baseball Fields (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web