Wawayanda State Park is located in Northern NJ, along the NJ/NY border. This natural area features an Atlantic white cedar swamp, mixed oak-hardwood forest and a glacially formed spring-fed lake and is habitat for the red-shouldered hawk, barred owl and great blue heron. Visitors have many activities/amenities available to them within the park. Stop by the visitors center on the way in for detailed maps and information about the park.
- Primary Address:
- Maps & Brochures:
- Equestrian / Horseback
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Biking
- Paddling - Kayak/Canoe/Row boat
- Playing in the playground
- Skiing / Snowboarding
- Boat Launch
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Complete Campground and RV listing
- Camp Type: Group Camping
- Camp Type: Hike-to / Remote camping
- Camp Type: Tent Camping Available
- Rentals Available
- Kayak / Canoe / Rowboat Rentals
- Rugged / Rocky
Parks & Gardens:
- State Park
- Scenic Overlook / Waterfalls
Things to See & Do
You will find an extensive well marked trail network (over 60 miles) used for hiking, mountain biking, cross country skiing, and hunting. Part of the Appalachian Trail passes through the northern section of the park, heading you from the Warwick Turnpike, past glacial erratics, over Pinwheel's Vista, and eventually down to Rt 94 in Vernon.
Wawayanda Lake offers a beach area for swimming and picnicking. As well as a boat ramp for row boats, kayaks, canoes, and more, as well as boat rentals. You can paddle for hours across this large glacial lake as you explore a jagged coastline, as well as multiple islands. Don't have a boat? Well why not rent one?
CampingThere is also group camping within the park.
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Wawayanda State Park (~0 miles)
- Heaven Hill Farm (and garden center) (~3 miles)
- Mountain Creek Resort (~4 miles)
- Abram S. Hewitt State Forest (~4 miles)
- Drop Zone Tubing Park (~4 miles)
- Warwick Drive In (~5 miles)
- Ochs Orchard (~5 miles)
- Wallisch Homestead (~5 miles)
- Paintball Depot (~6 miles)
- Toye Recreation (~6 miles)
- Greenwood Lake Airport-4n1 (~6 miles)
- Tall Timbers Property Owners (~6 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web