Wells Mills County Park At A Glance...
About Wells Mills County Park
Wells Mills has the distinction of being the largest park in the Ocean County park system with over 900 acres of pine and oak forest within southern New Jersey's environmental marvel known as the Pine Barrens. Miles of hiking trails with varying degrees of difficulty can be found here, including a "VIP" (Visually Impaired Persons) Trail. The three-story Nature Center offers a great display floor, a library, and the third floor "Elizabeth Meirs Morgan Observation Deck", recently dedicated in honor of a very active naturalist and conservationist in Ocean County. Environmental programs and classes are held regularly at Wells Mills, with experienced naturalists available to answer any questions you may have about the ecology of this area. The Annual "Pine Barrens Jamboree" is held at Wells Mills each October. A day filled with music, piney vittles and hand-made crafts, it's an event not to be missed! Beautiful Wells Mills Lake has trails meandering around it, perfect for a leisurely stroll through the 900 acres of Pine Barrens located within Wells Mills County Park. Canoe rentals are also available at a nominal cost.
- Equestrian / Horseback
More like walking
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
- Paddling - Kayak, Canoe, row boat
- Playing in the playground
- Boat launch
- Parking Lot(s)/Garage
- Boat launch - Car Top Only
- Nature / Environmental Center
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Grills / Firering
Kayak / Canoe / Rowboat Rentals
Can be used in the park, can not be used elsewhere
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
- County Parks
- Park (General)
Our Personal Take...
Trail & Path Info
Tips and Tricks
Picnics / Lunches / Eating
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
- Wells Mills County Park (~0 miles)
- Cloverdale Farm County Park (~2 miles)
- Waretown Lake & Recreation Area (~4 miles)
- Tuomey Park (~4 miles)
- Crystal Bay Peninsula Park (~5 miles)
- Argos Farm (~6 miles)
- Eno's Pond County Park (~6 miles)
- Doc Cramer Recreational / Sports Complex (~7 miles)
- Double Trouble State Park (~7 miles)
- Cedar Creek Campground (~8 miles)
- Webb's Mill Bog (~8 miles)
- Popcorn Park Zoo (~9 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web