Whippany Railway Museum At A Glance...
About Whippany Railway Museum
The Whippany Railway Museum has been bringing to life the history of New Jersey's railroads to the public since 1985. Offering family entertainment for young and old alike.Come see New Jersey's rich railroad history, lovingly restored and preserved by the all volunteer staff of the Whippany Railway Museum. Come to the Whippany Railway Museum and relive rail travel from a bygone era.
Weekly excursions and events are a thrill for the whole family.
Wander our extensive grounds and see first hand our large collection of rail equipment, cars and engines. Lean about the rise of Steam rail transportation that started here in New Jersey. You can find out about the museum, and its exhibits, as well as see a schedule of up coming train excursions on our official website.
A great video about the Whippany Railway Museum..
- Scenic Train Rides
- Museum / Gallery
Admission & Guidelines
Hours / Season of Operation
Our Museum is opened Every Sunday from March to September Noon to to 4pm.
Our scheduled Excursion trains let you enjoy a ride in a vintage caboose, or lavish in the luxury of a first class club car.
Our Easter bunny express lets you enjoy travel the way it was, and your kids will enjoy a visit from the Easter Bunny.
In December climb aboard and enjoy the winter landscape of New Jersey from our heated coach cars, while Santa stops by to visit with you and your children.
You may also like...
- Whippany Railway Museum (~0 miles)
- The Funplex Amusement Center - East Hanover (~2 miles)
- Frelinghuysen Arboretum (~3 miles)
- Morris Plains Community Park And Community Center (~3 miles)
- Mennen Sport Arena (~3 miles)
- Historic Speedwell (~4 miles)
- Essex County Environmental Center (~4 miles)
- Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms (~4 miles)
- Riker Hill (~5 miles)
- Greystone Woods Disc Golf Course (~5 miles)
- Becker Park (~5 miles)
- Fosterfields Living Historical Farm (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web