A Brief History
- All dimensions on the field of Yogi Berra Stadium end in the number 8 to honor Yogi Berra who wore #8 for the New York Yankees.
- In addition to the Jackals, the Montclair State Red Hawks also play their games on the field of Yogi Berra Stadium.
- Yogi Berra Stadium has been the host of numerous concerts, including Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan Concert, WDHAs Rock the Park concerts, and War.
- The stadium has served as the host for several NCAA Regional Tournaments, Major League Lacrosse and several charity events.
- Yogi Berra Museum is located adjacent to the stadium and features extensive memorabilia and items recognizing the great New York Yankee legend, Yogi Berra.
- The Jackals have retired four numbers - #8 for Yogi Berra; #28 for Joel Bennett, who played and coached with the Jackals for 7 years; and #4 for Zach Smithlin, who holds team records for most games played by a position player (472), runs scored (472) and stolen bases (154), and Ed Ott, a long-time coach for the Jackals and former professional baseball player for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Admission & Guidelines
The New Jersey Jackals are proud to offer FREE PARKING for our fans. Upon arrival, fans will be directed by parking attendants to one of the four available free parking areas. Handicap parking is available for those guests that have valid permits and require such accessibility.
Our Hall of Fame Parking Lot is for fans that have joined our Hall of Fame Club. For more information on how to become a member please call us at 973.746.7434.
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Baseball Stadium