- Primary Address:
- Maps & Brochures:
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Flat / Easy
- Walking Paths
Parks & Gardens:
- State Park
A Brief History
These special dinos are an art project by Robin R that was started in 2019. She was looking to create a special area to inspire families to get out and explore more of Allaire.
She started with a few small huts. This grew into her first dino... a T-Rex!This was followed by a triceratops and eventually aPterodactyl feeding her little baby!
Trail & Path Info
The Dino Area is located just outside the group campground. There is 1 officially marked Pink trail, but other than that you will need to explore a bit. Just remember to always stay on the trails.
Getting There - Parking
If you are not a registered camper, you will need to park on Squankum-Allenwood Rdat the main entrance to the campground. You can park in any open area, as long as you are not on the road, along the fence, blocking any trails, or on top of grass/shrubs/trees.
Hike to the Dinos
We have added a bit more information to the ExploringAllaire.com website in regards to the trails to get here. But we will give a quick rundown here as well:
Easy Path (Purple)
- Park, and lock your car.
- Hike the campground road towards the yellow gate.
- Keepright after the yellow gate onto a trail.
- Go past a second gate
- Stay right when the trail splits
- Stay straight until you notice the trees change.
- There will be 4-way intersection with a drop off to your right, and the trail to the dinos to your left.
- There are a lot of mountain bikes along the trails near the parkway
This hike is not very long. I believe our last visit was a bit less than a mile total, there and back.
The Alt Paths noted above are a bit more challenging. Since the trails are not marked, and since there are a lot of "random" trails here, you may need to explore a bit more :)
You may also like...
Related Groups / Organizations
More To Explore in Allaire Dinosaurs
- Allaire Dinosaurs (~0 miles)
- Allaire Group Campground (~0 miles)
- Brice Park (~1 miles)
- RC Flying Field (within Allaire State Park) (~1 miles)
- Brick Reservoir (~1 miles)
- Manasquan River Wildlife Management Area (WMA) (~1 miles)
- Edgar Felix Bikeway Trails (~1 miles)
- Historic Allaire Village (~1 miles)
- Multiuse Trails in Allaire State Park (~2 miles)
- New Jersey Museum of Transportation - Pine Creek Railroad (~2 miles)
- Allaire State Park (~2 miles)
- Nature Interpretive Center in Allaire State Park (~2 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web