Winding River Park At A Glance...
- Todays Sunrise: 6:27 am, Sunset: 5:50 pm
Equestrian / Horseback
i would assume you could ride here. Double check before going.
- Jogging / Running
- Mountain Bike
- Playing in the playground
- Sports / Athletic Fields
- Picnic / Sitting Area
- Picnic tables
- Flat / Easy
- Municipal / City Park
- Alcohol *NOT Permitted*
- Equestrian / Horseback
- New Jersey Shore Region Ocean County
About Winding River Park
Trail & Path Info
There is a paved path that stretches across almost the entire park. It connects the northern fields and ice rink to the southern playgrounds and fields, wondering through the pines, through fields, near and over the river... it is a great path for walking and biking for sure. As for distance, we took our bikes from south to north and back (with some exploring in between) we covered 4.4 miles.
Besides the paved path, you will also find many trails throughout the woods.
Picnics / Lunches / Eating
There are a few nice picnic areas, including tables and pavilions. A few are very close to playgrounds for the kids as well.
As with most parks, you may need to reserve the pavilions for group outings.
Admission & Guidelines
No fee for normal use of the park. But special usage, like wedding photography or group activities, may require a permit.
Hours / Season of Operation
South: The main entrance to the southern section of the park can be found off Rt 37 West, just past the parkway. The entrance comes up quick so keep your eyes open.
North: There is an entrance to the northern side of the park off Whitesville Rd, near the intersection with Oak Ridge Parkway/527.
You may also like...
More To Explore in Winding River Park
Here are 10 places near Winding River Park
- Winding River Park (~0 miles)
- Winding River Skating Center (~1 miles)
- Surf & Stream Luxury RV Resort (~2 miles)
- Insectropolis (~3 miles)
- Riverwood Park (~3 miles)
- Beachwood Beach (~3 miles)
- Brown's Woods Preserve (~3 miles)
- Skyview Park (~3 miles)
- Robert J. Novins Planetarium (~3 miles)
- Pilates By The Bay (~4 miles)
- Jakes Branch County Park (~4 miles)
- Cattus Island County Park (~5 miles)
Looking for more?
- Around the Web